Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dr M: Mukhriz will do a good job


KUALA LUMPUR: Former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad believes his son Datuk Mukhriz will be able to do a good job as Deputy International Trade and Industry Minister.
”He should be able to settle down and do a good work. I hope he will tackle the problem of giving out Approved Permits (APs) to people who are selling the APs,” he told a press conference.
Dr Mahathir added: “I am happy. Even if he was not appointed, it should have been alright.”
Mukhriz, who is the third son of Dr Mahathir, has a degree in business administration from Sofia University, Bulgaria. Following his graduation, he had worked with the Bank of Tokyo in 1982.
Tun Dr Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali said she was pleasantly surprised that her son was appointed to the post.
“I don’t want to expect anything as my son is still young. I don’t think he expected it either as he is now in Japan for a holiday with the family.
“In fact, he just SMSed me to tell me that he had arrived at Tokyo Disneyland because the children wanted to hear Donald Duck speak in Japanese.
“But I guess he has to come back now,” she told reporters when met at the Culture, Arts and Heritage Ministry here.
Dr Siti Hasmah said she was happy for her son and prayed that he would do his best to fulfil what was expected of him both in the Ministry and by the Prime Minister.
“I am happy for him. I thank God that he has been given a chance to prove that he is here to do his best and carry out his duty for the country,” she said.

2 comments:

  1. apa pun congrate utk mukriz ...kalau ada ap tu kasi kat teman hehehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. blacktop mahu ap ape ?

    Kalau dah dapat ap tu, jangan lupa Teman.

    ReplyDelete